Friday, July 11, 2008

THOMAS!


Owen will be TWO this weekend. Yup, you read that right...two years old! I can't even believe it. Where has the time gone? (Of course, according to Owen, he is going to be four this weekend, so clearly time is moving even more quickly than I have been giving it credit for!) His party is at a local kids gym and he is SUPER excited! He has been singing "Happy Happy to Owen" for days now. So, I decided to let go of my over-planned and coordinated, anal-retentive tendencies, and we took Owen to Wegmans to let him pick out his own birthday cake. He flipped through the big book of cakes, and when he saw this one, his eyes lit up. "THOMAS! And PERCY!" The anal side of me was screaming, "but it doesn't "go" with the rest of the party." The rest of me melted and immediately started giving the order to the sales person. I love that my little guy has things that he is into - Thomas, clearly, is very high on the list - and I love thinking about how excited he's going to be when he actually sees his very own Thomas cake! Now back to getting things ready for the big day...

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy Happy Owen!

Dawn said...

I am SO WITH YOU! Been prepping for the party for the whole week it feels! I on the other hand am about to attempt to decorate my cake with Pablo (from Backyardigans! ) so I'm sure I'll post on Sunday with the end result. That is if I am not too excited to do it TONIGHT!! :)

Have a great party and can't wait to swap stories! I gotta go get a "3" candle!!!!

Dawn said...

BTW - I am so taking that idea of "picking out" a cake from a book for next years cake!! LOVE IT!

Lesley said...

We hope owen has a great Birthday! Have fun at your party!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Owen!

Kelly said...

I tagged you for a meme over on my blog. check it out.