Monday, July 21, 2008

Six Things You Need to Know About Me...

Six quirky things about me...

1. I am obsessive compulsive about a few things - I HATE being late, I wash my hands often (especially if someone has been sick - I should buy stock in hand soap!), I like closets to be well organized - especially the kids' (maybe because I love playing with their cutesy clothes!)

2. I love ice cream. Not like a little bit - ALOT. I guess ice cream is kind of an obsession, too. We don't need to go into the morbid details, but lets just say that I eat it often and leave it at that! I have a Dunkin Donuts coffee problem, too, but that is another story...

3. I am super close with my mom. In high school, I could not have said that same, but since I got married and had kids we are closer than ever. We are like junior high school "BFF's "- we're totally silly together and we love to shop and just hang out together. I can only hope that when my kids are grown, we'll have as much fun together.

4. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being pregnant. I know lots of people think I am nuts for this one, but I really do love it - all of it. In fact, if I had to chose a different career, I would go back to be a labor and delivery nurse. The feeling of that little baby growing inside of me is just so incredible. I love how I feel being pregnant - I love my belly and knowing that my child is in there. And the outcome...indescribable. I could go on, but I've made my point. Ok, one more time...I LOVE it!

5. I can't stand deer or geese. Really. Can't.Stand.Them. Maybe it is from growing up in the Poconos - they are both everywhere and plain irritating. Deer seem to be everywhere you look up there and they are nuts. I can't tell you how many people I know who literally had a deer run into their car. Seriously - they're crazy! And don't even get me started on geese. They are dirty and loud. I lifeguarded at a lake for several summers and man, can they make a mess of a lake. Ugh.

6. I married my high school sweetheart. Ok, so maybe I wasn't in high school at the time, but he was - that still counts, right? We've seen each other through lots of ups and downs, and I'm so lucky to have him! In fact, 8 years ago tonight is when it all became "official" and we began dating. Cute, huh? ;)

Thanks to Kelly at A Rainbow After the Rain for tagging me! This was a fun one! Instead of tagging people...if you read this and haven't been tagged...please play along!

4 comments:

Laurie of the Seven Stories said...

I loved pregnancy too. Probably why I had five kids. Your little ones are sooo cute.
Come and visit me on the playground.

Unknown said...

RJ and Joce better watch out for their windows the next time the Waltermyers are visiting....

Anonymous said...

I played! : )

Mel said...

Thanks for coming over to see my 6 random things. You have me on the pregnancy one because I think I am the polar opposite. I could rival many for the worst pregnant person ever. I loathed the entire process except of course meeting my angels!!