Monday, July 28, 2008

Picture Happy

If you know us, you know that we LOVE pictures! Randy took some photography classes in college, and I've just always been one to have a camera at the ready. I love catching candid moments, special moments...anything, really! The amount of pictures on our camera is obscene, but I love that we have so many of our special memories preserved.
When Owen was a baby, I decided to take a picture of him on our rocker every month, so that we could watch him grow month by month. As everyone says, it is hard to keep up with the amount of pictures that you take for the first child with number two...but we're trying! We've started taking Bryn's monthly pictures on the rocker, too, so I thought it would be neat to put them side by side (or one on top of the other, in this case!)
At this point, Bryn is both longer and heavier than Owen was at this age, and she is a miniature mommy. Comparing my baby pictures to hers is unbelievable. Owen, on the other hand, is Daddy's clone. Even as he gets bigger, he continues to look just like Daddy! No matter who they look like, though, I think they are the cutest darn kids to walk the earth! (And I am glad that our picture obsession will help us document that!)
Here is Owen and his puppy at about two months old

Bryn and her giraffe at exactly two months old

My little loves - at 24 and 1/2 months, and 2 months
Cute, huh? Come on, admit it! They are one cute pair!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

SUCH a set of CUTIES!!! So funny how they each look SO much like each of you! See ya tomorrow.

Lesley said...

The kids are so cute! They will be so happy one day to have these pictures!

Anonymous said...

Adorable!

So, your kids are exactly the same distance apart in age as mine.
With that said....tell me. Would you wait another year or what? I have to say, at the time, I think I would have waited 5 years! My poor son spent most of his infant time outside the bathroom as I was potty training his sister. I think he drank more bottles in there than any other place!

DembroskyFamily said...

Yes the are two cuties. Great idea about taking the pictures.