Friday, July 25, 2008

Hey, Hey, Hey...It's Jammie Day!

When we were little, my aunt used to call every once in awhile and say, "Hey, Hey, Hey! It's Jammie Day!" We LOVED jammie day! My mom would take us to her house and we would hang out with our cousins in our jammies...all day. We watched movies, ate fun snacks, and just hung out. So much fun!

When we had Owen, we got a box full of jammies and blankies with a note that said it was our turn to do Jammie Days with our own kids (see picture below!). I just talked to my aunt the other day, and she said she was excited to be able to go buy jammies for Bryn. It is such a neat memory, and I love that she's passed it on to my own kiddos. Have we done it yet? Sure! Just yesterday we were beat from our day of fun at Sesame Place, so...Jammie Day! With two kids...let's just say that we have had plenty of unofficial jammie days. (Read: Lazy days where mommy doesn't get the kids dressed...and she stays in her sweats all day, too!)

Soon enough, though, we'll be having real Jammie Days of our own. If you get the call...be ready! Just jammies and fun all day! Thanks, Aunt Jod, for the memory...and for reminding me how much fun it is to relax and be silly!


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad I'm not the only one with days like that... at least now I can have an official title for it:)

Midwest Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.