Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Poopy Problems

So, two kids = two totally different poopy problems in our house today. (Here's your warning - the rest of this post is about - yup, you guessed it! - poopy!) Poor little Owen has been fighting diarrhea all day - he's happy and content playing, but his tummy clearly does not feel the same! So we're doing a modified BRAT diet - lucky for me, two of his current food favs are applesauce and rice, so he's happy. Gotta get him better in time for his big birthday weekend, though! He's one excited little boy - a party at his favorite place AND a Thomas cake? It doesn't get better than that!

Bryn, on the other hand, hasn't had a poopy in days...since Friday, to be exact. While I know that isn't too out of the ordinary for her age, she seems to be getting a little uncomfortable, so I called the dr and got the rundown of things to do to help her go - a warm bath, an ounce of water, taking her temp...and drinking grape juice (me, that is.) So, like any good mom, I am chugging my juice and no poopy for Miss Bryn yet - I'm off to give her a nice warm bath and see if that helps. Poor thing.

So two kids - one can go and one can't and neither are particularly happy about it. Hopefully tomorrow will bring more for one and less for another! :) Wish us luck!

3 comments:

M.Gunn said...

Hope your poopy day got better and things are a little more normal today, haha!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the temp part. It really works, if you wanna try. For some reason, my daughter was always constipated as a baby. As soon as I inserted the thermometer, she would push it out. Gross, I know, but worth it to end the fussing!

Good luck and remember....shit happens!

Anonymous said...

Amy--just as an fyi--Sammy is now 7 months and still an every third day pooper. When I get worried and think it will NEVER happen. Then, I use the thermometer and it does the trick--little bit of Vaseline and only the tip, but it does help (if her problems continue!)