Sunday, July 6, 2008

Family, Fun, Food, and...a Stomach Bug?

Yesterday, we spent the day with Randy's family for a picnic where people could stop by to meet Bryn.
Before I say more, I have to tell you that I have the best in laws in the world. Really. We have so many friends who just don't get along with their in laws at all, and after all of the horror stories I've heard (believe me, I've heard some good ones. I'm not going to tell stories on here - to protect the innocent daughter in laws :) - but seriously, the drama I've heard about rivals a good soap opera!) Randy gets along incredibly with my family, too, so we have come to realize over the years just how lucky we are!
Anyway...the picnic was a blast! The kids had a BALL together, and Owen enjoyed some quality time with "Pa" and "Mama," as he's taken to calling them. The adults enjoyed some volleyball and great good - with S'Mores for dessert - YUM! I, on the other hand, hardly got to eat anything...not even a S'More. Somehow, I guess I got a little stomach bug - BUMMER! The good news is that no one else at our house got it - and I am feeling better today. Guess I'll just have to make my own S'More and eat some good BBQ to make up for a weekend's worth of missed picnic food!
Thanks to everyone for making it a fun day for all!
Here's a picture of Owen enjoying cars and trucks that belonged to Daddy and Uncle Ryan - and even a few from Pa's stash.

Owen and Pa had fun picking - and eating - blueberries.

Tom meeting little Bryn for the first time!


The kiddos - boy, did they have fun!

5 comments:

Mel said...

That looks like fun. You are very blessed to have such a great relationship with your in-laws. Mine is okay, but could be better, and yes I admit that I could be the one to make it better too. Hubby and I just come from very different homes so it is interesting. Definitely could be worse though so I will count my blessings. Happy belated 4th!

Alison said...

Sounds like a great day--except for the fact that you couldn't enjoy the food--you definitely need to make up for that later! Also, I'm sure you don't need me to tell you this, but you have such cute kids!

Kristine said...

S'mores, yum! We had some yesterday at Cosi's where you can roast them at your table. Fun on a rainy saturday.

Your kids are adorable!

A fellow PMB.

Shannon (muzbeecrazy.com) said...

I'm a new PMB and I'm trying to hit all the blogs on the list. Loved your pictures. You kids are adorable!! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

uggh the stomach bug is my nightmare.just like the first 4 months of my pregnancies! glad you feel better. maybe you can eat some smore's this weekend. they are a favorite of mine!